The objective of these rules is to ensure safe and competitive tournaments played in a friendly fun manner
- Walking rule
- Players equipment
- Playing area, goals and ball
- Duration of play
- Three touch rule
- Height of ball restriction
- Areas of play
- Free kicks and penalties
- Substitution procedures
- Disciplinary sanctions
- Appeals committee
1. Walking rule - Walking is defined as “always having one foot in touch with the ground whilst moving”. The referee will award an indirect free kick against any player who is seen to be not walking while moving. If a team is penalised on five occasions in a match for infringing the walking rule a blue card will be issued this will result in the award of as penalty kick against them. Each subsequent infringement will result in the award of a further penalty kick.
2. Teams - Teams will comprise 6 players. A maximum number of 4 substitutes is permitted.
3. Players’ equipment - Players must wear designated AstroTurf or moulded studded footwear. Screw-in metal studs and blades are not allowed. All jewellery must be removed. Spectacles may be worn. Shinguards must be worn.
4. Playing area, goals and ball - The playing area will be approximately 38mx28m. Goals will be similar in size to standard Futsal goals. A size 4 ball will be used.
5. Duration of matches - The duration of matches shall be divided into 2 equal periods of 6 or 7 minutes.
6. Three touch rule - An outfield player is limited to three touches of the ball uninterrupted by another player touching the ball. A fourth touch will be an infringement and result in the award of an indirect free kick. A player having used three touches should step back two metres from the ball and not obstruct play. Goalkeepers have no limitation on touches and must distribute the ball in an underarm “bowling” motion. Goalkeepers may not kick the ball directly from their hands. Goalkeepers cannot control the ball with their hands from a pass back.
7. Height of ball restriction - A height restriction is set at the greater of the height of the crossbar or 6ft (1.83m). If the ball is kicked by any player or thrown by a goalkeeper above the designated height an indirect free kick will be awarded except where the infringement occurs in the penalty area when a penalty kick will be awarded. If the ball rises above the designated height restriction due to a block by a player or a block or save by a goalkeeper then play should continue without the award of a free kick or penalty.
8. Areas of play - The playing area will include a Penalty Area and Goalkeeper Safe Zone (GSZ). All players can enter the Penalty Area. A goalkeeper cannot exit their penalty area. If a goalkeeper exits their penalty area a penalty will be awarded. Access to the GSZ is restricted to goalkeepers. Entry to the GSZ by a player will result in the award of a penalty for defending players and an indirect free kick for attacking players.
9. Free kicks and penalties - Infringements outside of the Penalty Area will result in the award of an indirect free kick. Infringements in the Penalty Area will result in the award of a penalty kick. Infringements will include over physical contact, barging and excessive use of upper body strength
10. Offside - There is no offside.
11. Substitution procedures - The number of substitutions made during a match is unlimited. A player who has been replaced may return to the field of play as a substitute for another player. Substitutions should take place when there is a break in player during play if sanctioned the second official where there is one. Any of other players, or substitutes, may change places with the goalkeeper. The referee must be made aware of any change before it takes place and a change may only be made during a stoppage in play. The replacement goalkeeper must wear a jersey which distinguishes them from other players and the referee.
12. Disciplinary sanctions - Blue card offences will be dealt with as per Rule 1. Yellow and red cards will be issued in line with normal rules related to foul play. Any player receiving a yellow card will be suspended from playing in the next match. Any player receiving a red card will be suspended from playing in all remaining matches in the tournament.
13. Appeals committee - Appeals against sanctions noted above or any other matters relating to the tournament will be heard by the tournament disciplinary committee which will consist of two officials from walkingfootballtours.com and two senior referees.